Hayfever is the common name for a group of symptoms which occur when the person is particularly susceptible to irritation of the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and respiratory tract from various pollens. Hayfever is characterised by runny nose, streaming eyes, sneezing and catarrh.
More and more people today are discovering that natural medicines offer a genuine way of treating disease. One of the most respected and popular of these is homeopathy, a complete system of medicine, which is entirely natural. It is complete because this method of treatment can be applied to any condition or disease, and natural because it works by giving the body a precise stimulus, which enables it to heal itself.
Not All Hay Fevers Are Created Equal
Every case is treated individually, however there are a number of remedies that are often used to treat hayfever. These include:
- Allium Cepa (red onion)- Profuse watery tears, red eyes, burning in the nose and inflammation of the throat. They are worse in a warm room.
- Apis (honey bee) - Redness and swelling of the face, red and burning eyelids.
- Arsen Alb - Eyes burning hot with a flow of hot burning tears. Sneezing with no relief. Very restless.
- Euphrasia (eyebright) - Profuse nasal discharge during the day, nose blocked at night. Sensation of having sand in the eyes with a copious flow of burning tears.
- Natrum Muriaticum (sodium chloride) - Red and dry eyes, worse for being in the hot sun.
- Pulsatilla (wind flower) - Inflammation of eyes and the eyelids. Profuse discharge of thick yellow mucus. Itching and burning of the eyes compels rubbing and scratching.
If symptoms persist, seek advice from a qualified homeopath.
As an HMA registered homeopath I have knowledge of a large number of remedies. The first step is to take an in depth look at your lifestyle, diet, past illnesses, family history etc. before planning an individual a course of treatment to suit you. My very strong belief is that results come when you treat the whole person, not just the symptoms of your complaint.
Homeopathic remedies can be taken in conjunction with other prescribed medicines, but do not stop any medication without consulting your doctor and homeopath first.